Choosing a hosting company for Java web applications can be a daunting task. We have selected a number of recommended service providers that are experts in this domain and provide, in our opinion, excellent products at competitive prices.
Be sure to mention the http://rifers.org/hosting URL, they will offer you a discount.RimuHosting specialize in Linux Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting plans using Xen. These plans are far more flexible and powerful than 'regular' virtual hosting plans. A RimuHosting VPS is functionally equivalent to a Linux dedicated server, but at a fraction of the cost.
Each VPS hosting plan comes with:
- Staff of experienced Java developers.
- Choice of distributions (including Red Hat and Debian).
- SSH Root Access to install and run whatever you need.
- Knowledgeable 24x7 Linux Sysadmin Support.
- Great hardware connected to fast, reliable networks.
- 30-day Money Back Guarantee.
- 99.9% Uptime SLA.
When your order a VPS at RimuHosting they will install RIFE/Jumpstart for you and drop the $10 setup fee if you request it.Contegix is the perfect fit for larger applications that need more than a VPS and have a knowledgeable support team stand by in case of problems. They offer phenomenal support that goes way beyond reboots and operating system re-installs.
Highlights of their Phenomenal Support™:
- Staff with experienced Java developers that are active open-source contributors.
- Your server, Your operating system.
- 24x7 Live Technical Support.
- Third-Level engineers with Answers and Advice.
- Network featuring Intelligent Routing and 100% Uptime in writing.
- Quick, efficient, and effective.
- One hour hardware replacement for managed customers.
- No upfront hardware investments, no additional IT support needs or costs.
Very low-cost hosting
We haven't been able to get a discount from the following hosting company. However, we tried them out and they seem to provide a suitable low-cost solution for Java hosting. This is suitable solution for students or not-for-profit projects, however we don't recommend to use them for mission critical applications.EatJ.com provides reliable, fast and cost-effective web hosting for JSP Servlets and Web Services. Their servers have an uptime of more than 99%, and they monitor them 24 hours, 7 days a week.
They have a free trial plan that allows you to try out their service with your application. Note that the applications in the trial plan shut down every six hours.